QUALIFICATIONSWomen Ages 18 to 49, Fitzpatrick Skin Types I, II or III, Caucasian - who sweat easily on the face
FITZPATRICK TYPES1 2 3
TIME REQUIREMENT1 Visit - 2 1/2 hours - 4/19, 4/20, 4/21
NOTES: PRESCREENING IS REQUIRED
* You must wear a face mask/covering while at ECRL except when requested to remove it.
* You must be willing to replace the face mask if asked to do so.
* Children, purses or other personal bags are not permitted in the facility at this time.
Study Hours: 8:15 am to 3:30 pm
Group 1: Monday, April 19 – 2 1/2 hours
Group 2: Tuesday, April 20 – 2 1/2 hours
Group 3: Wednesday, April 21 – 2 1/2 hours
- Subject is female between 18 and 49 years of age;
- Subject has Fitzpatrick Skin Type between I -III;
- Subject is Caucasian;
- Subject has normal, dry, oily or combination skin (a good distribution of all skin types);
- Subject is a regular wearer of foundation makeup products;
- Subject reports that they have no physician’s restrictions on high heat/humidity;
- Subject reports normally sweating with exposure to high heat/humidity [defined by the settings for this study];
- Female subject who is currently sexually active is using an adequate method of birth control;
- Subject is free from any skin disorders, which, in the opinion of the Principal Investigator, would interfere with the test results or increase risk of adverse reaction;
- Subject agrees not to introduce any new cosmetic or toiletry products during the study;
- Subject is dependable and able to follow directions as outlined in the protocol and anticipates being available for all study visits;
- Subject is willing to participate in all study evaluations;
- Subject is in generally good health and has a current Panelist Profile Form on file at CRL;
- Subject has completed a HIPAA Authorization Form in conformance with
45 CFR Parts 160 and 164;
- Subject understands and is willing to sign an Informed Consent Form in conformance with 21 CFR Part 50: “Protection of Human Subjects.”
- Subject is pregnant, nursing, planning a pregnancy, or not using adequate birth control;
- Subject has known or reported physical limitations/conditions that would preclude their participation in the exercise group or in the high temperature humidity group;
- Subject is epileptic or has claustrophobia, diabetes, or intolerance to high heat;
- Subject has received treatment with sympathomimetics, antihistamines, vasoconstrictors, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents, and/or systemic or topical corticosteroids within one week prior to initiation of the study;
- Subject uses medications/products in the test area that affect characteristics of the skin such as Isotretinoin (Accutane), Retin-A, Retinol, or AHAs in the past 3 months;
- Subject has known allergies to skin treatment products or cosmetics, toiletries, and/or topical drugs;
- Subject has a history of skin cancer, or is currently undergoing treatment for active cancer of any kind;
- Subject has insulin-dependent diabetes.
- Subject exhibits UV damage, rashes, scratches, burn marks, scarring, etc. on the test site, which might interfere with evaluation of test results;
- Subject exhibits any dermatological disorders in the test areas;
- Subject has a systemic illness that, in the opinion of the Principal Investigator or designee, contraindicates participation;
- Subject is participating in another clinical trial involving the same test area;
- Subject is an employee of the Principal Investigator or a personal care or cosmetic manufacturer.